Your Program Specialist will work with you one-on-one to gather all the required information we need from you to communicate with the Spanish Consulates to ensure your visa process is incredibly smooth and stress-free. We will personalize the timeline specifically for you and anything we cannot take care of our own for legal reasons (i.e. getting fingerprinted) we will walk you through how to handle it or direct you to a partner company that will take care of it for you.


For the purposes of applying for your visa to Spain, we highly recommend applying for the visa from your home country. For example, if you are American, we recommend you applying inside of the US and if you are Canadian, we recommend you applying inside of Canada.

If you apply within your home country, we will:

  • Schedule and/or confirm your visa appointment with the Spanish Consulate if allowed, or guide you through the process depending on Consular requirements for visa applicants
  • Officially translate all required documents

If you are applying for a visa to our program and are currently in Spain finishing up another program, we will direct you to one of our vetted and trusted immigration lawyers in Spain to help you renew your long-term residency in Spain without having to return home for a visa.

IMPORTANT: If you are applying for a visa from a country that is not your home country or Spain (ie. an American living in South Korea applying for the Spanish Visa while in South Korea), we will not assist with the visa process and will direct you to the Spanish Consulate in that area to coordinate your visa process, visa appointment and translation services. However, you are of course able to join the program, receive a placement, and receive all program benefits and access to excursions, but we will not be responsible for the visa process if it is in a country that is not your home country.

What we will will not do for the Visa process

If you have lived in another country for more than 6 consecutive months in the last 5 years, the Spanish Consulate requires that you submit a criminal background check from that country, along with its Apostille or legalization stamp. If the country is a Member State of the Hague Convention, we will assist with your criminal background check and accompanying Apostille, as well as translations if they are necessary.

If the country is not a Member State of the Hague Convention (such as China), we are unable to assist with the international criminal background check process.

By no means does this signify you cannot join the program. We would be thrilled for you to join our program and receive a teaching placement in Spain if you require an international criminal background check from a country that is not a Member State of the Hague Convention. We simply wish to be transparent that we are unable to assist with the international processes of countries that are not members of the Hague Convention.